Rennyhill House is a fine example of a Georgain Mansion built around 1760 of ashlar sandstone. The accommodation is laid out over three main floors with an attic flat above with a further two bedrooms. Working window shutters are fitted throughout the property.
At first floor level is a delightful Drawing Room overlooking the gardens to the south. On the ground floor is a spacious dining room for entertaining and a farmhouse style kitchen.
A classic Georgian wide stone staircase leads to all floors with 6 bedrooms (2 ensuite) and 3 further bathrooms and cloakroom/WC.
The attic floor was converted in 1996 to a two bedroom self contained flat with a bathroom and kitchen.
Outside are well kept gardens extending to over half an acre with a double garage and workshop.
In addition to the main house Wester Cottage is available by separate negotiation for offers over £215,000.
The attached two bedroom cottage is also available for sale with the main house. This extends to over 1000sqft (93m2).
Wester Cottage was sympathetically modernised in 1995 to form a spacious cottage suitable for letting or part of the main house.
Hot water and heating for radiators is provided by a Grant Vortex oil fired combi boiler. The hot water cylinder is unvented and 210L capacity.
Mains gas fires are fitted in the snug and dining room. There is a large gas fired stove in the drawing room. The property has a fire safety certificate and is fitted with a Chubb mains operated fire alarm system.
Kilrenny is a small attractive village to the east of Anstruther with historic weavers cottages and homes originally built for agricultural workers.
Day to day amenities are available in Anstruther including, health, leisure, shopping and education. St Andrews only 9 miles distant provides more comprehensive facilities including the theatre, independent shops and the home of golf.
The east neuk is renowed for its mild climate, attractive fishing ports, golf courses and marinas including Anstruther with its modern moorings.
Education is close by with primary schools and the excellent Waid Academy. Private education for all ages is available at St Leonards in St Andrews.
There are railway stations at Leuchars 15 Miles and Cupar 16 Miles giving excellent access north and south on the east coast line. Edinburgh Airport is 47 miles and Dundee Airport 24 Miles also has flights to London and other cities.
To the front of the property the garden is laid to lawn with a mature hedge border. There is also a walled garden with a summerhouse surrounded by specimen trees and planted borders. To the rear of the property there is a double garage with roller doors and a workshop.
Kilrenny owes its history to weaving, fishing and agriculture. The centre of the village includes Trade Street dating from medieval times when shoe makers, Farriers and weavers occupied the buildings with fisherman in Routine Row. The old school dates back to 1815 and is now used as the village hall. The area is surrounded by scheduled ancient monuments including carved stones from the 9th Century.
Rennyhill House dates from around 1760 and the east wing was removed in the 1970’s. The sellers have planning consent to rebuild the east wing to restore the Georgian symmetry and ground surveys have been undertaken recently.